East Bridgewater, Massachusetts

My mom, who is elderly, just moved in with us. I overheard her one morning, wondering out loud, why she was getting charged $14.97 from Haband again.

After looking at her bill and looking online I figured she was being ripped off. I immediately called them and said I was calling on her behalf and asked what the VIP Plus was. The associate told me it was a program that allowed her to get discounts on Haband products and that there was a trial period and after that she was being $14.97 a month. I told her that my mother had no idea what that was or why she was paying that monthly charge.

I said that I thought it was a pretty sneaky thing to do to the elderly and that I wanted to know how my mom could cancel and get refunded for it. I didn't ask IF she could get a refund, just how it could be accomplished - big difference. I think the lady was a little taken aback. There was a short pause and then she said she would refund my mom 6 months and cancel her account.

I asked her her name and for a confirmation number, which she gave me.

Don't be afraid to call these people.

I wasn't rude but I was confident in my attitude and firm with my voice. I wrote everything down so if nothing happens, I can go back and ask for a supervisor and I have the correct information to work with.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Company wrote 0 public responses to the review from Oct 17, 2015.

Comments